Which design rules do I need take into account in designing a system with SolarEdge?
A system using Power Optimizers is increasingly chosen for systems where the panels are not laid in the same direction or gradient, or where shadows are cast by obstacles. An optimizer is an intelligent cabinet installed beneath the solar panel. It maximises the power generated from an individual solar panel. This offers advantages compared with solar panels without optimizers, in which the output of the system is determined by the solar panel with the lowest output.
We regularly receive questions about using SolarEdge Power Optimizers. Installers need to take various design rules into account when working with SolarEdge optimizers to optimise solar panels.
- Each PV system that has more than six panels can be designed using SolarEdge.
- Single-phase inverters: each system up to 5.25 kW can be designed using a single string.
- 3-phase inverters: each system up to 11.25 kW can be designed using a single string.
- All SolarEdge systems can be built up from a maximum of two strings per inverter.
- P300, P350 and P500 1:1 power optimizers can be used next to each other in a string.
- P600 and P700 2:1 power optimizers can be used next to each other in a string.
- The P600 optimizer can be used with inverters from 15k.
- The P700 optimizer can be used with inverters from 16k.
- It is not permitted to combine 1:1 optimizers with 2:1 optimizers in the same string.
- The P405 or P404 optimizer may not be combined with any other type of optimizer in the same string.
|Min optimizers per string||Max optimizers per string||PMax/String|
|single-phase||P300, P350, P500||8||25||5.25 kW|
|P405, P404||6||25||5.25 kW|
|3-phase||P300, P350, P500||16||50||11.25 kW|
|P405, P404||13||50||11.25 kW|
|P600, P700||13||50||11.25 kW|
View the SolarEdge range here in our webshop